Bankers Life Insurance Company is in rehabilitation. Please refer to the links below for important information.
The US Department of Justice indictment of Greg Lindberg. Details Here.
On December 30, 2022, the judge signed the Order of Liquidation. Details Here
Changes for Annuity Contract Holders – elect to receive interest-only payments for interest accruing on or after November 1, 2022. Instructions can be found here.
Please see the Liquidation Order FAQs below:
On May 18, 2022, the Court has issued a judgment in the on-going case concerning Bankers Life Insurance Company. Details are found in the links below:
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Announcement
- MOU FAQ
- Copy of the Judgment and Order
- On August 4, 2022, the Court issued a further ruling in the MOU case. Important information from that ruling can be found here.
All documents are provided or approved by the Special Deputy Rehabilitator, appointed by the Commissioner of Insurance for the State of North Carolina, in his capacity as court appointed Rehabilitator.
- Letter to Policyholders
- We know you have questions. Please review our Frequently Asked Questions, which are periodically updated as information becomes available. Last update 02/13/2023.
- Producer Frequently Asked Questions are also available. Last update 11/08/2022..
- You may be eligible for a withdrawal or surrender under the Hardship Package. Please review the instructions, checklist and call us with questions. Incomplete applications or applications without support cannot be considered. Last Update 03/23/2022.
- Disaster Hardship Package
- Order Approving Moratorium on Policy Surrenders
- Consent Order of Rehabilitation
View the quarterly reports for the rehabilitation process as filed with the Insurance Commissioner. Click Here
Bankers Life Insurance Company
P.O. Box 11948
Winston-Salem NC 27116